Glen A. Yale
I have been a lawyer in San Antonio in estate planning and tax-exempt organizations since 1982, and I am here to serve you.
Although I was born in Lima, Ohio, and raised in rural Ohio, my ancestors were in Texas before the days of the Republic of Texas.
I attended Wheaton College (Ill.) where I was a philosophy and economics major and graduated in 1975. It was there that I met my future wife, Nancy, and we married soon after college. We now have three adult children and six grandchildren.
I attended Harvard Law School and graduated cum laude in 1978.
Because I went through college on an ROTC scholarship I owed the US Army four years of service and my first assignment as Captain in the Army JAG Corps was with the Health Services Command at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio.
Nancy accompanied me to Seoul, Korea, where I was the legal advisor to the Army CID (Criminal Investigation Division), the Army felony investigators.
When we left Korea in June 1982 and the US Army, we returned to San Antonio.
We chose San Antonio over returning to Ohio because of the weather but also because I had instant roots in San Antonio. My mother was born and raised in San Antonio and met my father, who was in the US Army Air Corps, here just before World War II.
Our family came to Texas when it was still a part of Mexico, and one of our ancestors, William Clark, signed the Texas Declaration of Independence. So, I was not born in Texas but got here as fast as I could.
I am proud of my dual Buckeye and Texas heritage, and I am here to serve you on your legal needs.
For information about my legal practice, see Practice Areas.
- Yale Law Firm, P.C., Shareholder, Since May 2010
- Stumpf Farrimond, Inc., Shareholder, March 2006 to April 2010
- Holland & Knight, Senior Counsel, April 2004 to February 2006
- Oppenheimer, Blend, Harrison & Tate, Inc., Shareholder, August 1982 to April 2004
- US Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps, Captain, November 1978 to July 1982
- Wheaton College (Ill.), B.A., summa cum laude, 1975
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1978
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Member of the American Bar Association – Sections of Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law, Law Practice Management and Taxation Sections
- Member of the Texas State Bar – Sections of Taxation and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- Member San Antonio Bar Association
- Member San Antonio Estate Planners Council
- Member Christian Legal Society
- Member Partnership for Philanthropic Planning
- Member Partnership for Philanthropic Planning of San Antonio
- Listed in Best Lawyers, each year 1995 to 2011
- Selected to Texas Super Lawyers, each year 2003 to 2010, a Thomson Reuters service
- Director, Legacy Educational Foundation
- Director, Partnership for Philanthropic Planning of San Antonio
- Director, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Foundation